If you are looking for fun and engaging activities to do with your Sunday school class, why not try some Thanksgiving coloring pages?
I found some websites that offer free Thanksgiving coloring pages for kids of all ages that you can use in your Sunday school class or really any day of the year you want to remind kids about having an attitude of gratitude!
Sometimes a simple coloring sheet is the best addition to your Sunday school lesson.
This free material features everything from traditional Thanksgiving images such as turkeys, pumpkins, and fall leaves to thankful Bible verses to color.
These coloring sheets are a great way to keep younger children occupied while also teaching them about the meaning of Thanksgiving.
Use these Christian Thanksgiving coloring pages in several different ways:
- Sunday school
- Children’s church
- Worship service busy bags
- Add-on to Thanksgiving Bible lessons
- Church mailings to children’s ministry families
- Christian schools’ class time
To make the coloring pages more interactive, you could have your Sunday school students share what they are thankful for or teach a Thanksgiving Bible lesson for kids.
You could incorporate some simple discussion questions about thankfulness from a Biblical perspective or do a simple Thanksgiving craft.
Children can use their creativity to make these great coloring pages as colorful and beautiful as they want.
Not only is this a fun activity for children in your Sunday school class or children’s ministry, but it also helps them understand the significance of Thanksgiving and the importance of being grateful to God for all the blessings in their lives.
Sunday School Thanksgiving Coloring Pages
Thankgiving Bible Verse Coloring Sheet
Download a Thanksgiving coloring sheet with a Bible verse from ABC Jesus Loves Me. There are several verses to choose from to print and color. You could have your class read each verse out loud.
Sunday School Thanksgiving Coloring Page
This free coloring page includes a hand-drawn turkey and a prayer of thankfulness that you can encourage your Sunday school kids to pray.
Thankful Hearts Coloring Picture
These free printables encourage children to have thankful hearts with a space to color and also an area at the bottom of each page to write something they are grateful for.
Thanksgiving Placemats Activity
You can find a variety of printable kids Thanksgiving placemats on Kids Activities Blog. Make a few copies for each student and send them home to be used at the dinner table.
Christian Printable Coloring Page
Use a printable coloring page with a Christian theme from the Sunday School Works website.
Christian Thanksgiving Coloring Pages
1) Here’s a simple coloring page with Psalm 107:1 from What’s in the Bible.
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever.Psalm 107:1
2) These Thanksgiving Bible verse coloring pages from 1+1+1=1 are great for older Sunday school students or your own children for use on a long car trip!
3) Sign up for the Mommy Snippets printables library to get three free coloring pages with Thanksgiving Bible verses.
Turkey Holding Bible Coloring Page
This is a cute way to merge a tradition of Thanksgiving (turkey) with the source of our blessings (God). Click HERE.
Find more turkey coloring pages with Bible verses HERE at Christian Preschool Printables.
Using these coloring pages is a great way to teach your Sunday school kids about gratitude and also have a piece of art they can send to grandma and grandpa in the mail – win-win!
Thanksgiving Activity Ideas for Sunday School
There are a lot of secular ideas for “giving thanks” around the Thanksgiving holidays.
When I teach a Sunday school class I like to incorporate concepts from God’s Word into our lessons so that kids can connect the Bible to their everyday life and recognize God’s provision in each day.
You can create a simple Thanksgiving Sunday school lesson for your students using the coloring pages above and some of the ideas below:
- Crafty Classroom has a Thanksgiving Bible Activity Pack. It’s not free, but it is low cost and you can copy the printables as many times as you’d like for your classroom.
- Use a few of these Thanksgiving activities for Sunday school students from the Children’s Ministry website.
- This handprint craft activity is a fun way for your Sunday school toddlers and preschoolers to create a keepsake for parents or grandparents. We used the template that says “Give Thanks in All Things”.
- Make a Thankfulness Jar with your class! This simple activity is a fun and easy Thanksgiving activity to do with your kids that will help everyone remember God’s faithfulness.
- Read a Bible story about gratitude. Here are six examples of gratefulness in the Bible.
Looking for a simple Sunday school curriculum to teach children about Thanksgiving?
Check out God is So Good: Thanksgiving Bible Lessons for Kids for Sunday School or Home.
God is So Good is a printable resource I created with three Sunday school lessons: one for each week of November leading up to Thanksgiving.
It includes a Bible story lesson and ideas for activities, crafts, songs, and video ideas to reinforce the Scriptural truth of each lesson, all put together for you so you don’t have to put together a lesson plan yourself.
Click the button to learn more!
Another Thanksgiving Bible study option is our printable Thanksgiving family study: God Makes Me Grateful