The Christmas season is here, and that probably means putting on or participating in a Christmas party!
If you’re a party organizer and planning a Christmas potluck, you definitely need a printable sign-up sheet.
Many people like to sign up for events digitally, but I still feel that printable templates are useful for a lot of things, especially if you’re making a pitch for your holiday party at a work meeting or during Bible study and you want people to sign up right away.
A sign-up sheet is an easy way to help in the planning process so you can keep track of what everyone is bringing. Don’t end up with 15 desserts and two main dishes (not that I’d know anything about that–ha!).
Potluck signups also ensure that there is enough food for everyone to enjoy. We once went to a potluck where they ran out of food before several families could eat. Don’t let that happen to you!
When you’re planning your potluck meals it can be helpful to consider:
- Food Type – What menu items do you need? Are there any dietary restrictions for your guests? A sign-up sheet helps ensure there are options provided for people with food allergies or sensitivities.
- Non-Food Items – Do you need paper products, party decorations or anything besides food? Make sure you include this on your sign-up sheet.
- Contact Information – What contact details do you need? You obviously want a name and phone number but you may also need an email address which is helpful if you need to send a quick email to remind people what they signed up to bring.
- Guest List – How big is your guest list? Knowing the number of people who are coming will give you a starting point for the amount of dishes you want people to contribute.
Three Printable Potluck Sign Up Sheet Options
There are three different formats of this potluck signup sheet template available that you can use for your next Christmas potluck event.
1) The first printable potluck signup sheet is very simple. This sign-up form is great for a smaller gathering, like a potluck dinner in your home or a Bible study group gathering. It provides space for guests to write their name, phone number, and what they plan to bring.
2) The second option is a great idea for large potluck parties at work, holiday potluck at church, class parties, or large group gatherings.
This printable sheet lists each category so people can sign up for a specific dish:
- main dishes
- side dishes
3) The third option allows you to customize each section on the sheet. It’s a more detailed template that includes columns where you can write things such as the dish name, ingredients, and the category they fall under (gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, etc).
This signup option is the perfect way to navigate concerns about food allergies in your group. You can keep a copy on hand if someone has a question during the potluck supper about what is in a particular dish.
Grab a free download of all three of the printable potluck sign-up sheets by clicking each image or the text below:
Christmas Potluck Sign Up Simple Template
Christmas Party Potluck Sign Up (Allergy Friendly)
Christmas Party Potluck Sign Up with Categories (three sheets)
With a little planning and preparation, your next potluck party will be a great way to relax and have fun during the busy holiday season! Merry Christmas!
Stay on Budget and Give Generously!
Subscribe for the FREE Christmas Budget Planner!