This holiday season, download and then print these free Christmas gift tags!
They say “Just Poppin by to Say Merry Christmas!”
These cute gift tags are perfect for neighbor gifts, teacher gifts, or anyone else who you are giving to this time of year.
Free Printable Christmas Gift Tags: Just Poppin by to Say Merry Christmas
The free download can be found at the bottom of the post.
There are a lot of ideas for using these free printables. Here are our favorite options for fun Christmas gifts.
- Attach them to microwave popcorn bags as a little gift for your children’s classmates.
- Stick them in these Dollar Tree novelty popcorn containers, filled with a mini popcorn bag, candy canes, and an additional sweet treat. (You can also find the popcorn containers on Amazon) https://amzn.to/3RwSVVg You might even want to include a gift card inside. This is what we’re going to give to our children’s teachers at school this year. This idea would make for a fun movie night gift for a friend as well.
- Make homemade caramel corn (recipe below). You can see the original post where our kids were helping to make our favorite recipe. I’m planning on making this for our Sunday School teachers this Christmas season!
Homemade Microwave Caramel Corn
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1/4 cup white corn syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3-4 quarts popped corn (you can easily use homemade microwave popcorn)
- Combine first four ingredients in a 1 1/2 quart pot on the stove.
- Bring just to a boil, then stir in soda.
- Remove from heat.
- Put half of the popped corn in a brown grocery bag.
- Pour half of the caramel mixture on top, then alternate with more popcorn and the remainder of the caramel mixture.
- Close the bag and shake, shake, shake! I had some helpers for this part.
- Cook on high in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Use an oven mitt to remove and open the bag to make sure the steam from microwaving doesn’t burn anyone.
- Stir or shake it well once again*** and then return to the microwave for about 1 more minute.
- Pour into a pan and allow to cool (if you can wait!)
***For best results:
- Shake the popcorn more than you think you need to after the first time through the microwave
- Stir it before putting it back in the microwave for the second go-round to avoid burning
Add caramel corn to a brown paper lunch bag, fold it down, punch a hole through, and use seasonal string or ribbon to attach the gift tag to the front.
Print the gift tags on white cardstock and laminate if desired.
Perfect little popcorn gift idea!
More cute ideas for using the free gift tags:
- Make or buy popcorn balls and attach a gift tag to each one. This is a budget-friendly and simple gift that can be enjoyed by most people on your list!
- Attach to a giant container of bubble gum for a fun secret Santa gift option (“Popping by” can refer to gum too!) ;)
- If your gift recipient loves to make their own popcorn, you can buy bags of unpopped corn and attach a gift tag. This is an easy gift if you’re short on time.
These free printable gift tags will be delivered to you as a PDF file. You can download them instantly and make as many copies as you’d like for your family, Christmas party group or classroom!
Just Poppin By Printable
Enjoy this free printable tag (PDF instant download) for personal use! This post may contain affiliate links.