Today I’m sharing one of my favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes, a cookie recipe to be exact! You can make these fun and easy St. Patrick’s Day cake mix cookies with your kids and it won’t take a ton of time.
This recipe uses the simple ingredients of white cake mix, white chocolate, and festive sprinkles.
It’s quick to put together, making it a fun idea for baking with even your littlest ones.
Enjoy this festive treat with some St. Patrick’s Day kids games and a Bible verse scavenger hunt for “gold coins” of chocolate.
Find the full recipe below.
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Cookies (Made with Cake Mix)
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 12 oz white chocolate, chopped or white chocolate chips
- Shamrock sprinkle mix
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Add cake mix, eggs, and oil to a large mixing bowl and stir.
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop batter, then place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then remove from the oven when the cookies are set.
6. Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Add chopped white chocolate to a separate bowl that’s microwave-safe, and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each heat session, until the chocolate is fully melted.
8. Dip the cookies into the chocolate, about ⅓ of the way, then set on a parchment-lined baking sheet or counter. Immediately add sprinkles.
Store your cookies in an airtight container (if they don’t get eaten right away!).
Additional Ideas to Change Up This Recipe
- Add a couple of drops of green food coloring to your cake mix before scooping it onto your cookie sheet.
- If you don’t want to buy the Shamrock sprinkles specifically, you can definitely just use plain green sprinkles.
- For a fun twist, use a rainbow chip cake mix instead of white and use rainbow sprinkles instead of the shamrock kind.
- After the chocolate hardens on your cookie, put some on a green paper plate or wrap individually in cellophane bags and give away as a treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
5 More St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Recipes
There are several other St. Patrick’s Day cookie recipes that I’ve found that would be fun too if you have more time or like to make cookies completely from scratch.
1. Use a shamrock cookie cutter to make these cut-out sugar cookies.
2. These rainbow cookies are a sweet treat and a fun cookie to make with even the toddlers!
3. If you like mint flavor, you’ll enjoy these mint chocolate chip cookies to celebrate the holiday.
4. These shamrock sugar cookies are made with green fondant on the top.
5. Make some gold and green cookies with white chocolate chips and green m&m’s. This looks like a delicious, soft cookie!
Enjoy one of these fun treats with your family on St. Patrick’s Day!
This post may contain affiliate links.