As a Christian mom, I want to find creative ways to impress God’s word on my children’s hearts! As we approach Valentine’s Day, this is a great opportunity to learn Scriptures about God’s love: how He has called us to love others in response to His great love for us!
So a couple of years ago, I created a printable Valentine’s Day Bible verse countdown with other Scripture activities that can help you teach your kids about God’s Love in a fun, creative way!
Valentine’s Day Bible Verse Countdown Activity Pack
You can get the entire printable pack which includes:
- 14 Scripture Hearts (with Bible verse references)
- 14 Devotional Conversation Cards to match the Scripture Hearts
- Scripture Notecards (to print and laminate if desired–would make a cute gift too!)
- 2 Valentine Themed coloring pages and Love One Another coloring activity
- Word Find, Matching Game, Bookmarks (could use as Valentines at school!) and Scripture copywork pages (same verses as the hearts, each verse is typed out in a mix of KJV and ESV for your children to write out)
There are specific instructions on the printable, but basically what we are doing is:
- Printing out the hearts, punching a hole in them and then threading some twine through each heart
- Then in the days leading up to Valentine’s Day, read each day’s Scripture verse and the corresponding question and discuss.
- Complete one of the copywork pages or another one of the activities each day
You can hang your hearts on a “Valentine’s tree” like we did, or string them in a banner.
At the end of 14 days, you will have a beautiful reminder of God’s love on display!
I staged our tree so you can see what it will look like when we reach Valentine’s Day :)
You can use these Scripture hearts any way you’d like!
If you’d like a copy of Countdown to Valentine’s Day Printable, it has moved to our shop!
Find it HERE!
Your Countdown to Valentine’s Day and Scripture cards and copywork will be delivered directly to your email with all the details and printables you need! This is a digital product. No physical product will be mailed to you.
**PLEASE NOTE: The email you receive with the printables will come from The Purposeful Mom.
Oh and while I was photographing this tree, my 4 year old wanted me to take a picture of him. I just LOVE this little guy!