Having a stronger devotional life and finding time to read the Bible isn’t impossible, even when you’re a very busy mom and life seems crazy! Our 5 Days to a Stronger Devotional Life Challenge will address some of the common frustrations we have as moms when it comes to finding time for God’s Word and real-life ways to overcome them!
A few weeks ago, a reader emailed me and asked this, verbatim: “HOW do you find time to read the Bible with intention??”
To that sweet reader….I hear you!
As a mom of four, I understand what it’s like to be really busy and feel overwhelmed with everything else that’s going on around you.
Finding time to read the Bible can seem like just adding one. more. thing. to your day!
We know it’s important to be in God’s Word. We know what the life-changing words of Scripture can do for our troubled and anxious hearts and minds.
But it’s become obvious to me that most of us aren’t satisfied with our own devotional life!
After all, I know a ton of moms asking this very same question that my reader did: How do you find time to read the Bible and actually get something out of it?
It’s Not That Complicated
Sometimes I believe that we make Bible study more complicated than it needs to be. We read articles about different study methods or see intricate study programs and think, “What am I missing?” and, “Why can’t I make this work?”
We see gorgeous photos on Instagram of ladies snuggled up in a chair with their (hot) coffee, clean Bible and perfect journaling handwriting….and we get discouraged and figure, “If my devotional time can’t look like THAT, why even bother?”
There’s definitely a time and place for extremely detailed Bible study methods to be sure. And maybe there’s even the possibility of still drinking our coffee hot while we do devotions ;)
There’s definitely a time and place for extremely detailed Bible study methods to be sure.
But what I really think we need to do when we’re just getting started (or restarted) with spending time in God’s Word is to keep it simple.
If you’re with me, and you truly want to find time for reading and learning Scripture in the middle of the busyness, then I’d invite you to learn with me how we can carve out time for God’s Word together. Let’s cultivate a stronger devotional life by identifying some of our hang-ups that overwhelm us and find practical ways to overcome!
Don’t let perfection keep you from reading the Bible with intention!
Join me for the 5 Days to a Stronger Devotional Life Challenge!
In this challenge, we’ll learn and implement five “components” of nurturing a stronger devotional life! Each day’s challenge will take just a few minutes to begin putting into practice.
These ideas will help you as a mom, whether your kids are tiny or if you’re in a more experienced stage of motherhood! :)
I promise you, even when life feels crazy, you can be purposeful about time in the Word.
Some of the habits that make your devotional life stronger and your Bible study more profitable may not be what you think!
How It Works:
- Click on the image at the end of this post that says “Click here to subscribe….”. Then, fill out your email and first name in the form that appears to be subscribed to my blog. You’ll be automatically opted in to receive blog emails from me and also receive access to our free printable library.
- You’ll receive a challenge email each day for five days that will give you practical and encouraging tips for having a stronger devotional life! (Begins January 7).
- You’ll also receive 6 Encouraging Scriptures for Moms Bible Verse Cards to print and share!
- Unsubscribe after the challenge if you want, but I hope you’ll stay with me! :)
- Think a friend would enjoy this challenge? Share this post with them or pin it to Pinterest!
Join the 5 Days to a Stronger Devotional Life Challenge!
Click the image below (or click HERE) and you’ll be directed to a sign-up form! Be on the lookout for your first email in the challenge on January 7!
Photo by Rachel Lynette French on Unsplash
Latest posts by Jenn (see all)
- 12 Powerful Proverbs to Teach Your Children - 01/17/2019
- How to Start a Blog in 7 Simple Steps - 01/15/2019
- Still Need a Planner? Use the 2019 Homemaker’s Friend Planner! - 01/07/2019