As a mom of a soon-to-be high school graduate, I thought it would be great to find a way to encourage him with God’s Word once he leaves the nest and seeks out God’s will for his life in college!
Today I’m sharing 45 of the best Bible verses to encourage college students.
Some of my favorite Bible verses from my own college years are shared here as well.
I’m excited to have my fifteen-year-old daughter help as a ghost-writer for this post. She did a great job choosing these college Bible verses.
These verses are great for you as a parent to share with your college students. Write one of these inspirational Bible verses in a card when you send a care package or have to mail something to the dorm that your child forgot at home ;)
Another idea is to use one of these awesome Bible verses for your child’s graduation card or announcement.
If you’re a college student reading this post, it’s my prayer that these verses will encourage you as you face new situations in the years ahead.
Whether you are experiencing sleepless nights, a challenging time of change, or just starting your college journey with lots of hope and anticipation, here are some powerful Bible verses to help strengthen you in God’s Word and your faith.
45 Encouraging Bible Verses for College Students
Being an Example to Others
As a college student, sharing your faith can be intimidating. You will meet more people than you did in high school, and it is important to be a model of good works. Being wise on social media, at school, and in our own interests, we should strive to be a Christian example to others.
1) Matthew 28:19-20 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
2) Romans 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.”
3) Psalm 96:3 “Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous works among all the peoples.”
4) Mark 16:15 “And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”
5) Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
6) Romans 10:13-14 “For ‘everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?”
7) 1 Corinthians 11:1-2 “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.”
8) 2 Timothy 4:2 “Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.”
9) 2 Corinthians 5:20 “Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”
10) John 15:8 “By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.”
11) Titus 2:7-8 “In all things, show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified and in sound speech which is beyond reproach, in order that the opponent may be put to shame, having nothing bad to say about us.”
12) Proverbs 30:5 “Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.”
13) Matthew 22:37 “Love the Lord thy God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength.”
14) 1 Corinthians 15:58 “Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.”
15) 1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.”
16) Proverbs 15:1 “A kind word turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”
17) Philippians 2:3 “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.”
Having Biblical Wisdom and Knowledge in College
Good grades aren’t the only thing that matters when students go to college. We are called to be wise in the Lord and have a pure heart. Here are some verses that can encourage college students to be young adults who seek the Lord for wisdom and knowledge.
18) Proverbs 18:15 “The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.”
19) Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
20) Proverbs 15:14 “The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge, but the mouths of fools feed on folly.”
21) James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
22) Isaiah 11:2 “And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.”
23) James 3:17 “But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.”
24) Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”
25) Proverbs 9:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.”
26) Psalm 107:43 “Let whoever is wise observe these things, that they may comprehend the great love of the Lord.”
Bible Verses about Hard Work at College
As a college student, how hard you work can determine how successful your career turns out to be and how you use your college funding to the fullest. Instead of wasting free time as your work load increases, work hard and do a great job the first time.
27) Colossians 3:23-24 “Whatever you do, do it from the heart for the Lord and not for people. You know that you will receive an inheritance as a reward. You serve the Lord Christ.”
28) Philippians 2:14-15 “Do everything without grumbling and arguing so that you may be blameless and pure, innocent children of God surrounded by people who are crooked and corrupt. Among these people you shine like stars in the world.”
29) Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
30) Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord establishes his steps.”
31) Proverbs 21:25 “The desires of the lazy will kill them, because their hands refuse to do anything.”
32) Psalm 128:2 “You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.”
33) Proverbs 12:11 “Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense.”
Trust in God to give you the ability and dedication to do good things with the time you’ve been given!
Scripture Verses of Comfort for College Students
In changing seasons of life, it is a good reminder that God is with us and He has our best interest in mind. We can trust the will of God and knowledge of God. He gives us peace and is with us through every struggle we face. Here are some verses that can lift us up when we go through a tough time.
34) Psalm 4:8 “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Oh Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
35) Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
36) I love these words of Jesus from John 16:33: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
37) Psalm 27:4 “One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.”
38) Isaiah 40:30-31 “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
39) Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
40) Ephesians 2:10 “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
41) Jeremiah 29:11 “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'”
42) Joshua 1:9 “Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, nor be dismayed: for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
43) Lamentations 3:22-23 “The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
44) Proverbs 108:13a “With God we will do great things.”
45) Psalm 36:5 “Your unfailing love, O LORD, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.”
Isaiah 25:1 “O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.”
The last verse, from Isaiah 25, was my own personal theme verse from college. God did a great work in my life during those years and I hope that is true for your college student as well!
Join our 10 Day Back to School Prayer Challenge!
You'll receive our free 31 day back to school prayer calendar as well as 10 encouraging emails with specific prayers for your children!