Lavender essential oil is one of the most useful and diverse oils that you can buy! It’s also very reasonably priced, so your money goes far–which I love!
Lavender is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and a stress reducer. It helps in healing. And it smells great, so it’s perfect for use as a massage oil too!
I wanted to share with you 25 ways you can use lavender essential oil in your home, for personal care and for your kids. When I started using oils 3 years ago, I started with tea tree and lavender. If you only use one essential oil, this is the one you’ll want!
25 Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- Itch/swelling reducer for bug bites and bee stings
- Soothing for skin irritations, cuts and scrapes
- Calming for bedtime rituals to help your child sleep better
- Stress relieving for high-stress situations, like a new environment or working on homework! :)
- Anti-bacterial protection for cuts
- Healing for scrapes and sores
- Soothes sunburn
- Helpful for diaper rash (when mixed with a carrier oil such as coconut or jojoba)
- Easy to diffuse and safe for babies ages 6 months and up
- Useful for eczema, we have been using a blend of lavender and tea tree with coconut oil for five year old’s eczema and it really soothes his skin and keeps the flare-ups at bay.
- Stress reducer, great when applied behind the ears (dilute first)
- Helps calm nerves
- Helps relax for bedtime
- Relaxing for labor pains
- Healing for scrapes and burns
- May help support body through the menstrual cycle
- Can relieve muscle pain after a workout
- Promotes natural healing of scars and blemishes (even better when mixed with a liquid vitamin E capsule!)
- Soothes sunburn
- Great for use in DIY skin care products. You can also put a drop or two in your regular lotion when dispensing it for the day!
For the Home
- Useful for a deodorizing room spray – mix with witch hazel, orange oil and roman chamomile for an even better scent!
- Calming when diffused around the home
- Great for cleaning surfaces when diluted with water
- Put a drop or two on your cleaning cloth to disinfect and provide natural scent
- Add a drop to you or your kids’ shampoo
Where I Get My Oils
We use Rocky Mountain Oils as our resource for essential oils, blends and carrier oils. They are a company I trust because they advocate safe use of oils, test them accordingly and are very open about their practices. They also don’t make outrageous claims about their products.
You can learn more about their standards at their website. They are a non-MLM company, meaning it is not a tiered company like some other essential oil groups, but simply a resource of safely tested essential oils. They also have AMAZING customer service.
Take My Free Getting Started Guide to Using Essential Oils with Kids eCourse!
If you’re wanting to give essential oils a try for your family but don’t want to buy any before you know how you can actually use them, or if you have a few oils in your cabinet but have little idea what to do with them when it comes to kids, I’d encourage you to sign up for my FREE Getting Started Guide to Using Essential Oils for Children eCourse!
Some of the things you’ll learn in the course:
- Safe use of oils based on age
- How to apply them for maximum effectiveness
- The three most versatile oils and how to use them
- How to dilute, diffuse and apply oils so they work
- Simple recipes that you can easily DIY
There is NO MLM required to take this course. I have a company from whom I purchase our oils (which is not an MLM*) but you can use any kind of oils you prefer as long as they are good quality oils (see this post for more tips on how to make sure).
I would LOVE to have you join me so that you can have confidence in using essential oils safely and effectively with your children!
*An MLM is a multi-level marketing company, where distributors work for a larger company through which they sell items at a tiered commission rate. In the essential oil world, these would include DoTerra and Young Living.
*FDA disclaimer: “These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.”
WANT TO SPEAK WITH GRACE TO YOUR KIDS INSTEAD OF YELLING?