How wonderful would it feel to have confidence and peace about the school year ahead?
Your child is in God’s hands, and although it isn’t always easy to “let go and let God”, we can know for certain that His Word says it is true!
He tells us that he’ll never leave or forsake your child (Hebrews 13:5) and that His right hand will guide their going out and coming in (Psalm 121:8).
As parents, we play an important part in the success of their school year as well! We can encourage them, be there for them and, most powerful, use Scripture to PRAY over our children.
Back to School Prayers Made Simple
With the school year quickly approaching, I put together a 31 day back to school prayer calendar for your kids!
Each day lists a specific Bible verse and then a corresponding learning related “theme” that you can use as a prompt for praying for your kids.
The way that it is created, you can use it starting ANY Sunday!
Whether you homeschool, public school, private school or otherwise, every child can benefit from being prayed over using Scripture during the school year!
Each day of the calendar lists a specific Bible verse and then a corresponding learning-related character quality or theme that you can use as a prompt for praying for your kids.
Some of the topics on the Back to School prayer calendar include:
- Working with Joy
I’ve updated the calendar this year with a floral theme :)
I want us all as parents to take hold of the powerful discipline of prayer. James 5:16 says:
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
I really love how the KJV puts this verse. Effectual, fervent prayer. Fervent means to be constant–always praying!
While it definitely isn’t possible to pray every minute of the day, you can use this prayer calendar to pray over your kids while driving to school in the morning, at mealtime, bedtime (or really anytime!).
—-> Subscribe at the end of this post to get your 31 day calendar! <—–
Back to School Prayer Challenge for Moms
Join me in praying for our children’s school year with a 10 Day Back to School Prayer Challenge!
How it works:
- Subscribe in the box at the end of this post to get your free 31 day prayer calendar.
- Each day for 10 days (beginning September 2), you’ll receive an email with a Scripture and detailed prayer for your kids (using the first 10 verses from the calendar)
- Optional: Go even deeper by getting a copy of my 31 Days of School Year Prayers for Your Children devotional, which will be digitally sent to you via email. It is a printable product (not a physical book) that will include the prayer calendar plus:
- Daily Devotion with a Bible verse (that matches the daily verses on the calendar)
- A “Living and Active” spot on each page to write or draw the verse in your favorite translation
- A thought-provoking question related to the verse to help guide your prayer time
- Space to write a prayer for your child/children
- Bible verse print to display in your home
- PNG image of the calendar so you can save it to your photos on your phone for quick reference
You can order the 31 DAYS OF SCHOOL YEAR PRAYERS FOR YOUR CHILDREN devotional by visiting our shop! It is a printable resource that will be delivered to you via email.
(Again, purchasing the devotional is optional, but allows you to go deeper by giving you daily devotions and other tools that expand on the prayer calendar and make it even more useful and effective.)
Meanwhile, get access to this free prayer calendar and the challenge when you subscribe via email! Just enter your email address in the box below.
We’ll start with Day 1 on the calendar, which begins on a Sunday, but you can start any day of the week!
Once you confirm, you’ll receive your calendar straight to your inbox and then the challenge emails will begin soon after! Thanks for joining me!
Any questions? Email me at jenn at thepurposefulmom dot com!