Hi everyone! Today, Ashley from This Southern Girl’s Heart is sharing about reconnecting with your spouse! She is one of my new monthly contributors!
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. I know how you feel. Tired, stressed, and discouraged. But sweet mama, if you have a perfume that you love to put on or your favorite lip gloss, steal 5 seconds of the day and put something that makes you feel beautiful, believe me, it will lift your spirits! Hubby WILL notice you did something you feel good about.
- Notice and say something about your husband that goes unnoticed because of a busy life. “You look handsome today” “Love your shirt you picked out today” or “Hey, your cologne smells wonderful”…make them feel good!
- Can’t go out on a date? Get a Redbox and make up some treats in your kitchen. You know what we LOVE to do? Silly, but we get down on the floor like kids and watch movies. It’s amazing how that close it makes us feel.
- Can go on a date? Have a babysitter? Do not miss your date. Under any circumstances (unless an emergency) You need that time with your husband. It’s essential!
- Read the Bible together. Out LOUD. This has made a HUGE difference in our marriage. I can’t even begin to tell you.
- If you can, even once a week, have coffee (tea, or whatever you like) in the mornings and try for a little conversation. It makes a huge difference. Or at night when the babies are in bed.
- TURN OFF THE technology. The phone, the kindle, the computer and get back to the old fashioned ways of reconnecting. Face to face.
- Go new places. I love this one. We live in a small town, and we like to venture out (about once a month) and try new places and new things. It’s amazing what this does for you. It can renew you! Even if you don’t go that far from home!
- Remember back to when you were dating and what gave you butterflies. I do this all the time, because, I still get them with him.